Racing / Skill Building
Skill Building Through Racing – 2020 Summer Regatta Series 1
This season’s Summer Regatta Series has been impacted by Covid-19. The Spring Regatta was cancelled. The County’s Phased Re-Opening is allowing us to resume some sailing operations. Tuesday nights will look a little different for a while:
- Sailors must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Bring your own mask, laundered sailing gloves, and hand sanitizer and pen.
- PFDs (life vests) are not available at the dock. Bring your own PFD or contact Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange delivery of a PFD for the season.
- Sailors must either singlehand their boat or sail with people from their household.
- To participate, email an RSVP to : email@example.com
- Total number of participants will be based on King County guidelines:
Phase 2: Maximum 8 total households and 12 total participants.
7. Rigging of boats will be staggered - 2 crews at a time beginning at 5 PM.
8. RC will schedule rigging and check rigging before boats leave dock.
9. 1st race will begin approximately at 6 PM.
10. Currently racing will be until 8 PM then the RC will direct de-rigging, 2 crews at a time. This time will be adjusted as sunset gets earlier.
11. RSC Covid-19 Safety Precautions Plan are made part of the Racing Documents:
12. Safe Start King County is made part of the Racing Documents:
We appreciate your patience as we work through this unusual season. We will adjust and expand the sailing opportunities as the County Phasing and Safety Measures allow us.
Ed Buffalow and Chris Volk
Skill Building Through Racing Committee
Links & Current Info
Notice of Race - Rules for our Tuesday night racing series.
Sailing Instructions - Information on how to participate.
Please note: These are the World Rules without the US Prescriptions (which I do not think have much effect on our ‘Skill Building Through Racing’)
A current copy of the RRS 2017 – 2020 with US Prescriptions can be found at:
Either by joining US Sailing or purchasing a copy of the RRS.